Wednesday, September 12, 2012

‘I swear by Cardio and Yoga’ Reveals actor Prachi Desai, on what makes her one of the fittest actors in B-Town

‘I swear by Cardio and Yoga’
Reveals actor Prachi Desai, on what makes her one of the fittest actors in B-Town

Actor Prachi Desai is currently basking in the success of her recently released film
Bol Bachchan. With preparations for her upcoming film opposite actor John Abraham on in full swing, Prachi took some time out to talk about what keeps her on the ball in terms of fitness and physical health.
Considering the profession they are in, along with rigorous shooting schedules, an actor needs to be in a perfect shape always. “With the kind of lives we lead, we always need to take care of ourselves,” says Prachi. So what’s her fitness mantra? “There are a few things that I always follow. I have to do any form of exercise. If I dont have a gym on my outdoor schedules, I simply go for a long walk — it works wonders for you. Apart from exercises I keep a check on my diet and the my food intake. Lastly, the importance of beauty sleep cannot be ignored, though I can’t always sleep early,” she says.
Prachi also elaborates that it gets difficult to drasticaly lose or put on weight as per the requirements of the different characters she plays in her films. She says, “It is actually very difficult for us. Like for my upcoming film with John, I had to lose one or two kilos extra. So I had to stop binging and start doing more intense exercises.” Though the actor has a sweet tooth, especially for chocolates, she has to follow a strict diet to maintain her figure. “I eat mainly salads, soups, grilled chicken and lots of fruits,” Prachi says.
The actor further shares the exercise regime she swears by, “My workout pattern over the years has changed a lot. I initially did weights, but I realised it didn’t suit my body type as I started looking more muscular. So I shifted to cardio and freehand exercises. Also, whenever I have some time I practice yoga as it has a lot of health benefits,” she concludes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...