Friday, March 8, 2019

‘Take up any kind of sport to stay away from depression’


Wrestler and two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar opened up on his plans for Olympics at a sports meet recently


If you are focused and determined, you can achieve anything — this was the mantra shared by the well-known wrestler Sushil Kumar, who recently attended a sports event. During his interaction with students, he stressed on the importance of taking up sports and opened up about his wish to clinch a gold medal at the upcoming Olympics in Tokyo.

Exuding raw simplicity, Sushil Kumar took to the stage and began his speech by thanking his mentor Satyapal Singh. “It is because of him that people in various parts of the world know me today,” said he and added how sports play a vital role in people’s lives. “Students,who are doing their MBA or are into other technical fields, find it very difficult to dedicate time to sports. But I would like to advise them that they should make time for some form of sport. Whenever I visit various colleges, I come across incidents of students slipping into depression due to low scores. So, I would like to reiterate that one must indulge in some kind of sports and I assure they will never get into depression. Start your day by playing any game and you’ll feel energetic for the rest of the day,” he said.


The wrestler went on to add that sports teach an individual to keep trying until he/she achieves the set goal. He added, “Even I don’t win every time. Winning or losing is all a part of life. People have been asking me about my preparations for the upcoming Olympics 2020. I tell them when I participated in Olympics for the first time, I was not even aware of the competition’s level. I had never imagined that I’ll clinch two medals (bronze and silver) for the country. I belong to a middle class family, but I consider myself lucky and blessed that I’m born in a family that has always supported me. My parents stood by me through thick and thin and made sure that I don’t deviate from my path. There are many players, who come from humble backgrounds. Our struggle begins the moment we step out of our homes. But I have always believed that if you are focused and determined, you can achieve anything.”

Sushil, who is gearing up for the Olympics 2020, concluded his speech by asking everyone’s good wishes so that he can win gold medal this time. “I’m practising very hard these days under my guru’s supervision. Only one thing is left (gold medal) and I request you all to pray for me,” said he.


Sushil Kumar

A BIOPIC ON SUSHIL KUMAR SOON?
When asked on the trend of sports biopic in Bollywood, without divulging much details, he replied, “Sometime ago, a filmmaker did approach my mentor Satyapal Singh with the intention of making a biopic based on my life. However, there hasn’t been any development that I can speak about, because I’m busy preparing for the Olympics 2020. My guru has instructed me to focus all my energies on wrestling at this juncture.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...