Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mia Uyeda, Video jockey


Mia Uyeda, Video jockey

I was brought up in the Roman Catholic tradition, but nowadays I am
more spiritual than religious. I believe in karma and the power of positive thinking and in radiating positive energies from one’s life into the environment. I also believe in the Law of Cause and Effect, in the sense that what goes around, will eventually come around.
Of course life is not easy all the time and one has rough patches, so it may not always be possible to remain a 100 per cent positive constantly. Yet I practice visualisation to improve my state of mind whatever the situation. If I am having a difficult time with a colleague or friend, I try and talk it out to clear the air. Or if there is someone I don’t know very well who’s in a nasty mood, then I give them their space. I don’t believe in holding grudges in my heart.
I was born in Vancouver and coming to India, where there are so many different faiths, has been a learning experience. Yet people need to believe in something and I respect all religions. It’s an individual choice, based on our different ways of thinking and I’m always keen on hearing about someone else’s faith.
I don’t have a daily spiritual practice as such. Neither do I pray nor do I chant on a regular basis. Yet I believe in the power of the real world we live in.
An incredible and spiritual place I visited was Angkor Wat in Cambodia. It’s so old but still so beautiful. I watched the sun rise over the temples on my last day. That was a magical experience. Everyone was completely silent and mesmerised.
It made me realise how small we are in
this universe and how everything is
connected.

1 comment:

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...