Thursday, December 8, 2011

Be proud! The things one takes pride in can direct the course of one's life, feel celebs

Be proud!

The things one takes pride in can direct the course of one's life, feel celebs




In school they told us that 'Pride comes before fall', but as we grew up we realised that there are some things that human beings rightfully need to be proud of. In fact, it's true that pride is an invaluable emotion within the human psyche, one that can encourage human growth and potential when correctly directed. On the other hand, it is equally true that misdirected pride, usually seen as arrogance, can result in the fall of the individual.
Says actor Tisca Chopra, who's currently reading the autobiographies of sports champions Andre Agassi and Lance Armstrong, "I think that in order to become a world champion it's critical to have a sense of pride in what one does. I think if pride leads us to desire to show a sense of perfection in our lives, then it's an amazing emotion. On the other hand, if the reason behind having pride is only the ego, or if one thinks that one is the only person in the world who can do something, then that is arrogance — it's a glass bubble that is liable to break sooner or later."
Adds Tisca, "I would like to be proud of being a decent person. Of being a good actor. Real achievement in these areas is not possible if I don't have a sense of pride in achieving these things."
Actor Shweta Kawatra would like to pride herself for respecting her parents and for being around them when they need her. She says, "I take not so much pride in achieving status, wealth and material happiness as I do in the intangibles of life. I would rather have pride about being able to think about other people and their needs and extend them a helping hand if I can." Shweta feels that people should pride themselves on virtues such as honesty and achieving a non-violent state of life. "On the other hand, if I have pride in all the material assets that I've achieved then that can most easily turn into arrogance," she says.
Art of Living instructor Rhea Pillai feels that the pride she feels in her life doesn't have any relation to arrogance. "Instead it's about respect," she says. "There is so much one can take pride in — in the way one lives, in how one thinks, the person one has become. Or even pride in what you've achieved." Her own sense of personal pride comes from her home among other things. "It is also the fact that if today were the last day I were to live, I would know that the life I have lived is one I have respect for, something that I have valued," she stresses.
Fashion designer Maheka Mirpuri's sense of pride comes from the things she's achieved in her career in the last six years. "It's been worthwhile meeting all those challenges and it's made me a more confident person," she says happily. She's also proud to be a Mumbaikar and for having survived the major challenges the metropolis has faced in the last few years. "I'm also proud to be an Indian and to be able to offer the world such a rich cultural heritage," she rounds off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...