Sunday, September 8, 2013


HOW i START MY DAY

JOGEN CHOUDHARY Artist


“Work with the flow, not against it” “Begin every day, by accepting the realities of life. Accept, then act. Accept whatever the present day offers. Work with the flow and not against it. In Shantiniketan, my mornings have a different colour. The joy comes from within, as soon as I hear the sound of birds. I go for a walk, where I spend time with the trees that I’ve personally planted. I invite grace, ease and lightness into my life. I look at the sky, trees and flowers as I walk. I also do Pranayama after my walk. I don’t understand why people need a quiet place or a yoga mat to meditate. The mind doesn’t need these accessories. You can meditate anywhere, anytime. Mornings are a time to reflect without that tiny voice in your head trying to look for answers or form opinions. Our worldly attachments to people, material things bring us pain and suffering. Try to harness a sense of well-being and happiness in the morning that will take you through a roller-coaster life. When I walk into my studio to paint at 10 am, I’m in no rush. Time stands still. I focus on my painting. There’s immense joy in being in the moment with my brush and colours. I appreciate the colours, the creative inflow. I don’t like to be distracted by the insignificant. Truly then, a masterpiece is created. If you want to live a good life, don’t get sapped by small things. Focus on the big things to make a beautiful life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...