Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Glamourous on canvas Artist Anjanna Kuthiala pays a tribute to women from different walks of life through her paintings

Glamourous on canvas

Artist Anjanna Kuthiala pays a tribute to women from different walks of life through her paintings

http://cdn.epaper.dnaindia.com/EpaperImages//mumbai//21022012//d137849.jpg

Artist Anjanna Kuthiala confesses that her burning passion will never fade out. Art has been her calling and she doesn’t hesitate to say that it’s a God-given talent. In fact, her new series of paintings on women is testimony to that fact. Her muses from different walks of life just had to send her a bunch of their photographs. And then it was up to Anjanna to give them life on her canvases. Maya-Shakti-Maa is a tribute to a woman’s inherent mystique, shakti, talents and abilities. And Anjanna is painting 15 living personalities including Princess Diya Kumari, the Danish Ambassador’s wife Lise Frederiksen, of TV industry’s Vandana Malik Bahl, designer Pria Kataaria Puri, and jewellery designer Saba Ali Khan, among others. Says Anjanna, “I never had anybody to sit in front of me. Fortunately, my paintings are life-like, I have God’s gift to thanks for. After they sent me the pictures, I had to sift through them to find the right ones.” She adds, laughing, “I don’t like the laughing photos, so I had to ask them to send me the kind that would be fitting. They all co-operated. And they left it to me for my own interpretation.”

Although the main event is slated to take place in Mumbai in April, there was a sneak preview of the paintings of the Princess of Jaipur, Pria, and Saba Ali at the Satya Paul store in the city recently. And Anjanna couldn’t happier with the response. As the artist describes her three paintings, Kumari’s canvas has a soft look, with a white dove in the painting that epitomises her inner calm. And while Saba’s has a princely background, Pria’s painting has white lotuses. “Each of my painting looks very different from the other. They are all very large canvases to create more impact. I wanted to catch the essence of the women and translate on to the canvas. It is the way I see each one of them. And because I’m a writer too, I will compose small poems under each painting,” she reveals.
http://cdn.epaper.dnaindia.com/EpaperImages//mumbai//21022012//d137850.jpg
Anjanna sums her works: “My endeavour is to applaud and immortalise women from various walks of life, who have contributed to their lives as women, mothers, achievers and humanitarians.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...