Thursday, August 30, 2012

Transformation Is Growth Swami Sukhabodhananda

Transformation Is Growth
Swami Sukhabodhananda
When you unfold, it appears so simple and clear; but on leaving this place, everything appears to be difficult to practice. Why?
We are not individuals; we are a collection of many ‘I’s. The ‘I’ that listens to me is different; the ‘I’ that creates problems is different. I am a father, with reference to my son, I am a son with reference to my father. So, I am multiple ‘I’s. Every ‘I’ has to be transformed. Hence, it appears to be difficult.
In the presence of a Master, the purity in him brings the best ‘I’ in you and you find the unfoldment simple. Without the Master’s presence, there are chances of negative ‘I’s emerging.
Buddha advised his disciples to move around with five seekers, so that one’s presence would impact the other; one’s purity would empower the other.
It appears that we are forgetful and hence don’t practice what has been taught. Why?
Atmasmaranam—self-remembering—is a very important aspect in one’s life. We have to remind ourselves of the great teachings of enlightened masters. When we are forgetful, unconsciousness takes over. We have to become conscious and remember that we have to dis-identify with the wrong self. The wrong self has its survival games. We have to see them clearly and give a conscious shock with an understanding. We have to observe how the wrong self is a function of the ‘lower self’ and the game of life is to operate from the ‘higher self.’ This is not difficult, but one has to practice with joy. Don’t work for joy. Instead, work out of joy.
Man is not a unity of many ‘I’s’ but multiple ‘I’s. Is this not a dis-empowering statement?
Truth is not dis-empowering. Truth does not operate in a way to please one. Truth reveals facts of life. Do you want to be with fact or fiction?
Further, we can unify all the ‘I’s.’ That is the alchemy that spirituality invites us to taste. We can do that only if every ‘I’ in us is driven by a principle. The foundations of our lives must be based on goodness. Every ‘I’ should be anchored on transformation. Transformation means growth. If all ‘I’s’ are based on transformation, then we become individuals. Or else, we would be like those seated in a chariot with each horse galloping in different directions. Let all horses run in the same direction. Let all the ‘I’s’ envision transformation. What a challenge!
For more details, visit www.prasannatrust.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...