Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Spiritual High - Sushma Reddy Actor


My Spiritual High
Sushma Reddy Actor

 
My spiritual quotient is an eclectic mix of the esoteric and the real world. I believe in a higher fabric of consciousness that envelops the world we see and don’t see. This fabric for me is a living, breathing, eternal medium.
I do believe in karma, because it helps me understand how the fabric of consciousness behaves and inteprets our actions. This belief also helps me make sense of all that I can’t comprehend about the world. I am still wrapping my head around reincarnation. I follow the path of Vipasanna,which teaches one to meditate deeply and rely only on oneself to find solutions and anwers to one’s problems.
I am a Shiva bhakt, and going to the Markandehswar temple in Worli, Mumbai, gives me great focus and solace. I think all places of worship have a divine and clean aura. I feed the crows there and remember my ancestors. I cannot blindly follow tradition,and hence the rituals and the gods for me represent the elements of nature and the DNA of the fabric of consciousness.
The real world inspires my thoughts on a constant basis why are people where they are, and what part luck may have to play in their lives, why some are rich,and some so poor and wretched, that it is unthinkable as to how a divine power can be so cruel to inflict their misery on them! Why do we die? Do we choose our families? I suffer from existential anxiety on a constant basis, and find it difficult to comprehend how a lakh of rupees can buy a handbag, or pay for someone’s medical bills, or be the annual income of another man. The net result is that I am not attached to things. They are transient. Relationships,in this context, become far more important, because I understand well that I will not take it with me when I die. The love and blessings of my parents and all whose paths cross mine are important.
Spirituality for me therefore is not about endless poojas, blind faith and rituals, or following this or that godman, or about championing my religion over another persons. It’s about a hybrid belief that makes me happy, about doing more for people in the real world and about being grateful for what I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...