Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Painting dreams Artist Kingson Swargiary tells us about his ongoing art show in the city titled Lost Dreams

Painting dreams
Artist Kingson Swargiary tells us about his ongoing art show in the city titled Lost Dreams



After his first solo exhibition in Mumbai last year, and a group show with renowned artists late MF Husain and Akbar Padmashree, artist Kingson Swargiary is currently showcasing his latest artworks (Lost Dreams), which he has been working on for the last 2 months.



Why the name ‘Lost Dreams’?

Lost Dream is about the slum dwellers in India and the dream they hold, which remains lost and unfulfilled.



Are you showcasing all your new art works?

In Mumbai, yes. But I’d already exhibited some of these paintings at the Lalit Kala Acadamy, New Delhi recently, in a solo show displaying about 55 painting and drawing.



How do you define your style?

I create my own style with lines and form. My colour sense has been borrowed from different topics. For instance, in the Lost Dream series I used dark colours and broken lines to reflect the unfulfilled dreams.



What is the message that you aim to send across through your paintings?

We have the power and the wealth to help the underprivileged people dream. But the selfish human race chooses to shut their eyes to the sufferings of the poor.



How and when did your fascination for art grow?

I took brushes and colour to express myself from my childhood. I took inspiration from my favourite artists like Sobha Brahma, MF Hussain and Picasso.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...