Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Need an excuse to Splurge? Askhaya Tritiya with its lucky connotations provides the perfect opportunity for the beginning of a long love affair with jewellery



Need an excuse to Splurge?
Askhaya Tritiya with its lucky connotations provides the perfect opportunity for the beginning of a long love affair with jewellery


‘Akshaya’ stands for eternal. And a piece of jewellery will always stay with you for eternity. If a particular piece of jewellery has conquered your heart, Akshaya Tritiya is the day to go get it!
“I remember right from my childhood days, my grandmother used to gift me a gold necklace or a small trinket every year on Akshaya Tritiya. I think the auspicious day gave her excuse to pamper me,” says Pallavi Morande, an IT professional.
On Akshaya Tritiya the Sun and Moon are simultaneously at their peak of brightness, which happens only once every year. Thus, it becomes the perfect ‘mahurat’ to start anything new, be it marriage, a business or the beginning of a long love affair with jewellery. According to common belief anything started on this day, is bound to prosper.
Priyanka Gupta, a chartered accountant fondly recalls, “I remember this day especially as we have a lot of weddings or anniversary parties to go to. Everyone seems to be tying the knot on this day as it is one of the most auspicious days on the Hindu calendar. Due to this, the demand for gold also spikes up as no Indian bride can do without it.”
Combined with India’s obsession with the yellow metal, the young are increasingly looking at it as an investment option with the gold prices skyrocketing. And Askhaya Tritiya with its lucky connotations provides the perfect opportunity.
“On special occasions such as Ashaya Tritiya, I make it a point to invest in gold jewellery. Apart from that I do treat myself to gold jewelley when I get an appraisal or a new job. I remember the first time I saved money for over a year to buy my heart shaped diamond earrings on Akshaya Tritiya, which also happened to be on my birthday. Every time someone compliments the earrings, I feel good,” says Manasi Nikhil, a marketing professional.
But the age-old buying tradition that Indian women have with gold rarely has any signs of abating. Shaheen Abbas, jewellery designer says “Women and jewellery is not a seasonal relationship. I get clients 10 months a year! Women today don’t need a reason to go out and pick up their favourite pieces, but the more occasions to bring out the ‘bling,’ the better.”
With the calendar giving you it’s blessing to buy some ‘bling’ factor, Akshaya Tritiya is the perfect excuse you’ve been looking for to visit the jewellers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...