Saturday, October 11, 2014

INDIAN BOY PLANS TO COVER 7 COUNTRIES IN 8 MONTHS ON CYCLE

INDIAN BOY PLANS TO COVER 7 COUNTRIES IN 8 MONTHS ON CYCLE


Chirag Singal, who took up cycling during his college days, wants to finish this tour by April 2014
Chirag Singal, a graduate in psychology, will be traveling to seven countries on his cycle -all the way from Central India to Bhutan, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and finally Vietnam. The passionate cyclist started his journey on October 6 from his home town Jaipur, and is hoping to complete his adventurous ride in eight months. “I am very passionate about cycling, and thankfully Bangalore, the city where I lived for three years during my college days, has a nice cycling culture and inspired me further,“ says Chirag. The story behind the mission to explore these countries on his cycle started with an interesting incident. Chirag says, “I was in class when our professor asked, `What will you do if you have 1,000km of land? The students gave very generic answers, while I replied, `I don't know how much a thousand kilometers is!' To which my professor said, `Then go and figure it out'. This made me feel that I should seriously try to find that out. I started cycling and joined a group of cyclists in Bangalore, just to know how much a thousand kilometers could be.“ Chirag also took a cycle tour from Bangalore to Jaipur last year. “It took me just 11 days and I had such a great experience. I covered almost 2,300 kilometers from Bangalore to Jaipur in April 2013,“ he says.
It encouraged the cyclist, and he decided to plan an international trip, but he wanted to do it with a group of fellow bikers. “Everyone is not lucky as I am. Since most of them are either busy with their masters programme or with their jobs, they could not afford to go for an eight-monthlong ride. When everybody refused, I decided to go alone. It's fun to be all by yourself and do whatever you feel like,“ admits Chirag.
Exploring new cities and cultures during his ride, he also has plans to visit local schools. “On my way , I will be going to different schools, interacting with students and the faculty to understand the education system of all the countries and know more about the learning process,“ he adds. His long trip will conclude by the end of April next year in Vietnam, from where he will fly back to India.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...