Thursday, November 8, 2012

Heavenly Massage



Where: Westin Mumbai Garden City  
 
What: Heavenly Massage

How: The first thing that struck me as I drove in to the Westin Mumbai Garden City late one afternoon was the expanse of green that surrounds the property. My spa session hadn’t even begun and I was already feeling calmer. Upon entering the spa, I was ushered in for a consultation, based on which I was recommended the Heavenly Massage. This treatment makes use of a heated herbal compress along with traditional Indian oils to relax the muscles. We began with the foot ritual which gave me an opportunity to speak to the therapist about chakras in the body and how they can be balanced. The actual massage was done first by hand, followed by the heated herbal compress. Herbs like turmeric (known to relieve pain) and ashwagandha
(contains stress-relieving properties) are added to the mixture of herbal oils which are then applied through the compress. Coupled with the right intensity of pressure, I felt the tension in my body melt away. The treatment focuses on the back and shoulders, which was exactly what was needed to treat my backache. The therapist began massaging the corresponding pressure point on my hand, clearing the blockages and providing instant relief. A view of the verdant landscape was an added bonus. Once I was done, I almost floated away to the shower room. One of the most relaxing experiences, the Heavenly Massage certainly lived up to its name!
Duration: 90 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...