Sunday, November 25, 2012

What should I do to become happy instantly?

THIS ALWAYS WORKS


“Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it”
– US radio host Bernard Meltzer

HELP SOMEONE: Mark Twain once said “the best way to cheer yourself is to try and cheer somebody else up”. By helping someone, we actually help ourselves too. Research shows that altruism spills out a lot of feel good hormones in the body, which translate into happiness that stays with you for a while.


THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS: Thoughts become things. “I consciously think about things I want in my life and not
about those that I don’t want. Practicing Buddhism and chanting has taught me this,” says Kavita Ashok.

KEEP A DIARY: “Writing a journal before bed can clear your mind, solve problems, mentally prepare for the next day, make plans, and get your thoughts out of your head and on the page,” points out Dr Ashima Puri.


PRACTICE GRATITUDE:
Lisa Ray believes in it. “I think that practicing gratitude (saying Thank You loud and clear) instead of worrying about what is or could be wrong, is the way to go,” she says. Try this: write one thank-you note to someone daily.

SMELL THE FLOWERS
Surround yourself with beautiful blooms. “Whether or not I am surrounded by fresh flowers is a sign of how happy I am feeling. The days I manage to go to the flower market in the morning, my day starts and stays happy. That morning jaunt simply takes me through the day,” says Niharika Khan.
 
 
THIS MAKES US HAPPY
Having chai and chatting with an old friend Sniffing a really good cup of French-roasted coffee Browsing for hours in a bookshop Flirting with an intelligent person with a good sense of humour Fitting into pants we bought five years ago Loving the work we do Giving away some of our old stuff Sitting out in the sun on a cheery winter morning Laughing so hard, our stomach hurts Singing along when an old favourite plays on the radio Running into an old friend unexpectedly somewhere Having a second helping of dessert Being totally and utterly alone just admiring the night sky Complimenting someone Getting complimented!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...