Saturday, October 27, 2012

For actress Aditi Rao Hydari, the search for beautiful and quirky things for her wardrobe is a reflection of her love for all things perfect and pretty

As pretty as it gets

For actress Aditi Rao Hydari, the search for beautiful and quirky things for her wardrobe is a reflection of her love for all things perfect and pretty


    Even the duster in my house has to be beautiful; no old piece of
cloth will ever be used in its place,” says Aditi Rao Hydari. And with that, we get our first introduction to the actress’s strong sense of aesthetic — be it for knick-knacks in the house or the essentials she stocks in her wardrobe. And, it becomes clear as we progress with our conversation that Aditi is a stickler for visually aesthetic objects. The actress, who has featured in movies such as London Paris New York and Yeh Saali Zindagi, says that everything that she picks up has to be girly, pretty, lacey and most importantly, non-fussy.
    “I am very petite and feel that structured clothes look very flattering on me,” she explains, adding, “That’s why I always pick up clothes which are neat, pretty, have lace or come in soft fabrics. But, I pick all colours.” Her eclectic wardrobe pretty much comprises high street fashion, as she confesses to not being too high on couture at the moment. But when it comes to picking Indian wear, Aditi says she can become extra fussy. “I do not experiment very much, and prefer the kind of clothes that Sabyasachi designs — they are rooted in our traditions and yet are very modern. I think it has something to do with my growing-up years and the kind of
clothes I saw around me,” says Aditi, explaining the reference to her royal lineage.
    Even though she spends quite a bit on her clothes, it’s her jewellery that she tells us the most fascinating stories about. For instance, she has a pair of chandbaalis with basra pearls, which she bought from Delhi. “I am from Hyderabad and basra pearls from the city are famous the world over. I saw this really delicate pair of earrings in Delhi and I had just received money after a dance show I had done in Delhi (she is a Bharatnatyam dancer), which I blew up on the pair,” she says. Aditi has many such pieces and she says that whatever jewellery she picks up, it has to look antique.
    But this choosy shopper is not u p t i g h t about the
brands she stocks. “I am equally comfortable picking anything from the roadside. A few days ago, I bought five pairs of kolhapuris in different colours,” she says.
    For someone who claims to be so fussy about her wardrobe, the looks she puts together come across as effortlessly chic. Perhaps, it has a lot to do with how she feels inside, and that, says Aditi, is always the secret to looking good.

Aditi Rao Hydari gives us a sneak peek into her choicest accessories


Aditi’s penchant for jewellery translates into traditional pieces with an antique touch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...