Friday, November 14, 2014

Men have relationship regrets too

Men have relationship regrets too



While it is popularly believed that women have more relationship regrets than men, studies suggest that the opposite is prevalent as well
When 27-year-old advertising professional Vishal Gupta broke up with his girlfriend of four years, he admits that he didn't feel the slightest pain after they parted ways. He says, “While my girlfriend wanted to patch up, I thought we should take a break from each other because we had started fighting a lot.However, she moved on post that and a year after we broke up, I started missing her and realised that I should have actually given it another chance.“ A study conducted by some researchers in the US published a report which stated that while women were more likely to have regrets about romantic relationships, men had their fair share as well. About 44 per cent of the regrets described by women were about relationship mistakes, compared to 19 per cent by men.

WHAT LEADS TO THIS BEHAVIOUR?
While most women regret at that particular time when the relationship fails, men tend to take some time to realise the same.According to relationship counsellor Seema Hingor rany, “Men have the tendency to look past relationship f a i l u re s because they are tuned that way . However, there comes a point of time when they start regretting for not having given a second chance to their relationship when they realise that they were actually seriously involved with the girl and are still finding it difficult to move on.“

WHAT DO MEN USUALLY REGRET?
While women mostly regret about the relationship coming to an end, for men it is that time when they realise they could have worked harder on their relationship and sustained it. Abhigyan Chaturvedi, a 34year-old marketing professional says, “I was extremely possessive about my ex-girlfriend, due to which, we would have several fights. After almost a year of dating each other, she wanted to move on. That is when I realised that I should have worked on this trait of mine. Now in my present relationship, I make it a point to discuss with my girlfriend what makes me jealous and what upsets me so that we are both clear on it.“

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF A WOMAN?
For a woman the regret is mostly about the relationship coming to an end. Falak Kashyap, a 23-year-old content writer says, “I was dating this guy for almost 2 years.However, by the end of these two years we both realised that things were not working out well between us. So, we decided to part ways. But throughout the time we discussed the problems in our relationship, while I was optimistic about working it out the second time around, my ex wasn't and that troubled me a lot. I think I should have worked harder on it so that we could be together again.“





No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Home Remedies for Migraine Relief

Introduction: Migraine headaches are characterized by intense, throbbing pain, often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, ...